I have been nominated for the Disability Blogger Award designed by Chronillicles for the niches of Disability, Chronic Illness, Mental Illness, and Special needs.
- Thank your nominator: And thank you Chronillicles for the nomination. I really appreciate it.
- Recognize the creator of the award… also Chronillicles. So thank you for creating this award to show appreciation for bloggers in our niches.
- Use logo
- Answer nominators questions
- Write 5-15 of your own questions
- Nominate 5-15 other bloggers within these niches
- Comment on their posts to let them know you nominated them
- Why did you start writing and why in this niche? I wanted to share my experiences and find a community out there in the world that could relate to my experiences. I wrote about chronic illness and chronic pain because it was something I was struggling with and I knew others were too. However, I also have an author writing blog for my fiction work… that is rather random.
- What are your 5 top tips on coping? Pacing, rest, self-care, de-stressing, and focusing on well-being. Basically, my main point is that we have to think about and focus on our entire well-being as a whole. Every factor plays a role in how we cope with adversity. And the more we learn different ways to do this the better we can cope with the unpredictability that is illness.
- Where would your dream holiday be and why? I would like to go to Italy. Partially for art and architecture and partly because my spouse wants to see this area where the caves have Bioluminescence.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? I am a night owl. But then I developed vertigo which is frankly exhausting so now my insomnia has partially disappeared and I get up insanely early. It is weird, eh? I am a night owl by heart. But now too tired to get through the day even.
- What is your go-to comfort food? I have this awesome homemade cheese and macaroni recipe that is my go-to for comfort food. It is so good.
- What is your favourite movie or TV show? That is a hard one. Favourite series would be Supernatural or Firefly. Movies I would be hard pressed to say whether it would be the Star Wars series, LOTR or any Marvel movie.
- What is your favourite social media app/site and why? Likely Facebook because I have support groups on there and my Page where I can post interesting content I have made… which I find fun to come up with.
And I nominate these fine bloggers…
- Invisibly Me
- Counting my spoons
- A journey through the fog
- My medical musings
- Brain lesions & me
Questions for nominees to answer:
- What is your favourite pain or illness distraction and why?
- Do you have a creative outlet?
- What is your favourite book and tell me why
- When you are in a mental funk what do you do?
- When was your last vacation and how was it?